1 2   Days until the Nov. 8, 2016 Election
Early Voting is Oct 24 - Nov 4
HEY, YOU HAVE RIGHTS!
As a registered voter in Texas, you have the right to:
- A ballot with written instructions on how to cast a ballot.
- Ask the polling place official for instructions on how to cast a ballot (but not suggestions on how to vote).
- Cast your vote in secret and free from intimidation.
- Receive up to two more ballots if you make a mistake while marking the ballot.
- Bring an interpreter to assist you as you qualify to vote if you do not understand the English language.
- Help to cast your ballot if you cannot write, see the ballot, or understand the language in which it is written.
- Report a possible voting rights abuse to the Secretary of State (1.800.252.8683) or to your local election official.
- Cast a provisional ballot if your name does not appear on the list of registered voters.
- (1) Cast a provisional ballot (a) if you do not possess one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of photo identification, which is not expired for more than four years, and you can reasonably obtain one of these forms of identification or (b) if you possess, but did not bring to the polling place, one of the seven forms of acceptable photo identification, which is not expired for more than four years, or (c) if you do not possess one of the seven forms of acceptable photo identification, which is not expired for more than four years, you could otherwise not obtain one due to a reasonable impediment, but you did not bring a supporting form of identification to the polling place, and (2) the right to present one of the acceptable forms of photo identification, which is not expired for more than four years, to the county voter registrar’s office within six (6) calendar days after election day.
- Vote once at any early voting location during the early voting period within the territory conducting the election.
- File an administrative complaint with the Secretary of State concerning violations of federal and state voting procedures.
Switch to our desktop site
© 2012 Office of the Texas Secretary of State. All Rights Reserved.