Saturday, May 6, 2017
                                is the Uniform Election

Military and Overseas Voters

First and foremost, we would like to thank you, the military voters, for your service to our country. To all U.S. citizens overseas, thank you for your interest in your country’s elections while far away. (Federal voting law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States. This includes Canada and Mexico.) Military and overseas voters are welcome to use the regular registration and early voting by mail process (also known as absentee voting) available to all voters away from their home county on Election Day. However, there are also special provisions for you.

The process is as easy as ABC:

A (Application)
Fill out and file your FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) as soon as possible but no later than the 11th day before Election Day.

B (Ballot)
Receive your ballot or use the FWAB (Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot).

C (Casting and Counting)
Cast your vote by returning your marked ballot by Election Day, or the 5th day after if voting from overseas.


A. Application

Who can use the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) and why?

* Federal law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States. If you are not one of these voters, you need the regular early voting by mail procedures.

What and where is the FPCA form?
Here are two resources for obtaining an automated FPCA form:

What does the FPCA form do?

When is the FPCA deadline?

Where do you send the FPCA?

How may you send the (completed signed) FPCA to the clerk?

B. Ballot

How do you receive the ballot from the clerk?
Authorized method the voter requested on the FPCA:

Did the county or other election official send my ballot?
Track my ballot

C. Casting and Counting

How do you return the ballot to the Early Voting Clerk?

When is the deadline for returning the ballot?

Did the county or other election official receive my marked ballot?

Track my ballot

Switch to our desktop site